Fiery feasting, hot entertainment and a scorching chilli-eating competition bring on the heat
Kimpton Maa-Lai Bangkok, Bangkok’s most happening Langsuan landmark, presents Thailand’s first ever “Chilli Fest” with bold flavours guaranteed to spike your dopamine levels to the new heights. This exciting weekend is jam-packed with MICHELIN-calibre chefs, famous restaurants, hot entertainment, an eye-watering chilli-eating competition and much more.
The Chilli Fest takes place on Saturday, 27 May 2023 at Urban Oasis from 2:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
The entry fee is at THB 150 that comes with one complimentary drink. Grab an early bird deal at THB 100 only.
Guests tackle the heat with beloved street food favourites from the spiciest parts of the world, including Mexico, India, China, Chile, Indonesia and, of course, Thailand, prepared by talented chefs from upscale Bangkok restaurants and participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts properties in South East Asia.
Featured chefs, eateries and searingly spicy dishes include:
Chef Deepanker Khosla, the innovative mastermind behind Haoma, a one-MICHELIN Star and a MICHELIN green star for outstanding work in sustainability neo-Indian restaurant.
- Banaras Ki Chaat (THB 100)
- Lahori Chicken Ribs (THB 150)
- Tiger Prawn Madras Curry with Dried Shrimp Pulao (THB 150)
Baan, the MICHELIN Guide family-style comfort Thai is by Chef ‘Ton’ Thitid Tassanakajohn whose recent accolade brings Thai food at the forefront with one-MICHELIN starred Le Du and an award-winning Nusara.
- Khao Ka Pao Nua (THB 150)
- Khao Soi Gai (THB 150)
Chef ‘Tap’ Supasit Kokpol, a successful challenger on Iron Chef Thailand season 9, and founder of the contemporary Thai-Chinese eatery, Restaurant Coda Bangkok presents his culinary prowess through the creative dishes.
- Chef Tap’s Fish Balls (THB 150)
- Charcoal Grilled cuttlefish (THB 100)
- Mango Burnt Chilli Shaved Ice (THB 150)
Saneh Jaan, the one MICHELIN-Star eatery led by Chef ‘Toi’ Pilaipon Kamnag, is famous for its first-class ingredients from across Thailand with prepares a selection of flavourful Thai dishes.
- Khao Mun Som Tum (THB 150)
- Gung Pad Prik Ki Nu Suan (THB 150)
Hong Bao, which is one of Thailand’s most popular Cantonese-Style restaurants, brings on the heat from the South of China.
- Steamed Shrimp Wontons with Red Oil (THB 100)
- Sze Chuan Stir-Fried Chicken with Dried Chili (THB 150)
Female power is on fire in the kitchen with Megan Leon and Gaby Espinosa Real and their skills honed at Bangkok’s Bo.Lan, Nahm, Eat Me and Ms. Maria and Mr. Singh.
- Aguachile with Shrimp (THB 150)
- Chorizo and Potato Flautas with Avocado Crema and Spicy Red Salsa (THB 100)
Chef Rangga Perdana Putra (Indonesian) from InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, Indonesia
- Lobster Balado (THB 150)
- Nasi Goreng Buntut Cabai Hijau (THB 100)
- Sate Lilit Bali (THB 100)
Chef ‘Golf’ Phukvarun Watchmon (Thai) from Sindhorn Midtown Hotel Bangkok, Vignette Collection
- Stir-fried cowslip flowers with glass noodles and fermented sour pork (THB 150)
- Grilled pork neck, served with dried chili sauce and fermented fish chili sauce (THB 150)
Chef Rodrigo Martinez (Chilean) from InterContinental Saigon, Vietnam
- Chupe de Jaiba (THB 150)
- Peruvian Fish Ceviche (THB 150)
- Chilean Salmon Tiradito (THB 100)
Bar.Yard, Bangkok’s most vibrant tropical rooftop oasis, is presenting their special dishes, fresh of the grill.
- Jalapeño Poppers (THB 100)
- Sous Vide Duck Legs (THB 150)
It’s a Mexican affair with Chef Lamberto Valdez Lara from Kimpton Maa-Lai Bangkok and Chef Jaime Rojas from Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road.
- Tacos al Pastor (THB 150)
- Quesabirria (THB 150)
Cool off from the heat with Two to Tipsy by Roast handcrafted ice cream, which includes a special chilli recipe created just for this event. Experience an oddly perfect pairing between their ice cream and your favourite drink in hand.
Another highlight calls for the bravest hot heads to join the chilli-eating competition to vie for the grand cash prize of THB 10,000. Contestants need to show their mettle by munching on increasingly hot chilli peppers, up to a scorching 2,200,000 Scoville heat units, with the last competitor standing the ultimate winner. The contest is free and open to the public for whoever dares.
- Winner: Grand cash prize of THB 10,000
- First Runner-up: Dining vouchers worth THB 7,000
- Second Runner-up: Dining vouchers worth THB 4,000
- Shop gourmet hot sauce by That Daeng Sauce and Firepower Hot Sauces
- Free small chilli tattoos by California Ink Bangkok
- A fire show and entertainment by DJs and live bands.
- Wander through the “Hot House” – a greenhouse built specially to propagate different variations of chillis that spice up the hotel’s kitchens.
For those who are looking to join a mini-chilli fest-themed brunch at Stock.Room, this heat-packed Sunday brunch features dishes from our guest chefs’ heat-tastic dishes at the live stations.
- THB 2,550++ per person, including soft drinks
- THB 3,500++ per person including soft drinks and unlimited tipples
- THB 888++ for children ages 6 – 12, children under 6 dine free.
Available on Sunday, 28 May 2023, from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.